What is Quality Caretaking?
To live a quality life, dogs need more than just shelter, food, and water. They are intelligent, inquistive creatures who crave mental and emotional stimulation. Here’s what you can do to increase the bond with your dog and improve your dog’s quality of life:
- Socialize your dog by taking him to new places and letting him meet new people.
- Take an obedience class with your dog so your dog can learn their house manners. After obedience, consider more fun classes like agility, flyball, and scent work!
- If your dog gets along well with other dogs, take him to the neighborhood dog park.
- When you’re away, provide your dog with toys, like Kongs, to keep boredom at bay.
- Exercise! A good long walk or run every day is good for your dog. And good for you.
- Groom your dog so he stays clean and unmatted.